We (Forest and Hiram) began First Century Faith Today (FCFT) in 2015 as preaching students at the Florida School of Preaching in Lakeland, Florida. It was our goal to write articles that would help people connect first-century faith with a 21st-century world. FCFT is dedicated to simple, pre-denominational Christianity with practices and beliefs that can be found in the pages of the New Testament. Though our faith is ancient, FCFT strives to bring its modern relevancy to life.
Purpose & Goals
The purpose of FCFT is to encourage Christians, edify the church, and equip preachers. We do not believe that we are experts in any of these areas, but we do believe that the Bible equips us in all of these areas to accomplish this task (2 Tim 3:16-17). We plan to produce articles several times each week that we hope you will find encouraging and challenging. Whatever good comes from our blogging efforts we know it is due to the God who is using us as his instruments and for his glory.
When you subscribe to First Century Faith Today, you receive updates on the latest encouraging content and gain access to exclusive newsletters, podcasts, and articles.
Meet the Authors
- Married to Brittani
- Two kids: André and Nadia
- Preacher at the Lehman Avenue church of Christ in Bowling Green, KY
- Graduate of the Florida School of Preaching, Bethune-Cookman University, Freed-Hardeman University.
- Married to Lori
- Father to Silas
- Preacher at the Orange Street church of Christ in Auburndale, FL
- Graduate of the Florida School of Preaching, Freed-Hardeman University, and Liberty University