God exists eternally as three distinct persons with one essence. This understanding is fundamental to Christianity and the teaching of the Scriptures. Here are some interesting things about the Godhead and how each person of the triune God interacts with creation and the Christian.
1. Every member of the Godhead was involved in the creation of humanity (Gen. 1:1-2; Job 33:4; John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17; Heb. 1:1-3).
2. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwell in the Christian (Eph. 3:17; 1 John 4:12; 2 Tim. 1:14).
3. The Holy Spirit dwells in Christians in a unique way as a down payment or earnest of the future eternal salvation which is to come (2 Cor. 1:22, 5:5; Eph. 1:13-14).
4. Christians are baptized into all three members of the Godhead (Matt. 28:19). We’re baptized into a saved relationship with all three and enjoy a special closeness with them throughout our earthly sojourn.
5. Jesus revealed the Godhead in bodily form to humanity (Col. 2:9).
6. The Holy Spirit was the divine representative who inspired men to write the scriptures (2 Pet. 1:20-21; cf. 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
7. The Godhead is made up of three distinct individuals but retains its oneness (John 10:30; 17:21).
8. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were present at Jesus’ baptism (Matt. 3:16-17).
9. The Holy Spirit and Jesus speak on our behalf in heaven before God the Father (Rom. 8:26-28, 34; Heb. 7:25).
10. All three members of the Godhead are involved in our salvation (1 Peter 1:2).
SEE ALSO: 4 Things the Holy Spirit Is Doing Today
11. Jesus is called God but is a distinct person from the Father and the Holy Spirit (John 1:1-3; 20:28).
12. The Holy Spirit is called God but is a distinct person from God the Father and Jesus (Acts 5:3-4).
13. The Father is called God but is a distinct person from Jesus and the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 8:6).
14. We can sin against all three members of the Godhead (Ps. 51:1-4; 1 Cor. 8:12; Eph. 4:30; Heb. 10:29).
15. All three members of the Godhead were involved in raising Jesus from the dead (John 10:28; Acts 2:24; Rom. 8:11).
16. Since we are made in the image of God that means we are made in the image of all three members of the Godhead (Gen. 1:26-27; 5:1).
17. The Godhead is eternal (Ps. 90:2; John 8:58; Heb. 9:13-14).
18. All three members of the Godhead are omniscient (Isa. 46:10; John 2:24-25; 1 Cor. 2:10).
19. The entire Godhead is present on the first page of the Bible and the last page of the Bible (Gen. 1:1-2, 1:26-27; Rev. 22:16-20).
20. Christians enjoy the love of God, the grace of Jesus, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14).