Regardless of one’s spiritual maturity, nobody is immune to temptation. While temptation can make living for God more difficult, it is possible to overcome. God helps us in our temptation and Jesus sympathizes with us. Here are 20 biblical truths about temptation.
1. Every man is tempted (Jas. 1:14).
2. There is always a way to escape temptation (1 Cor. 10:13).
3. God is never the source of our temptation (Jas. 1:13).
4. Jesus was tempted in all points like we are but He never sinned (Heb. 4:15).
5. Temptation comes through the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:15).
6. Jesus used Scripture to overcome the Devil’s temptation in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1-11).
7. God will crush the tempter under the feet of His people (Rom. 16:20).
8. Being clothed in God’s armor is how we can stand against all of the Devil’s schemes (Eph. 6:10-11).
9. Giving in to temptation leads to sin and sin leads to death (Jas. 1:14-15).
10. The Devil will try and get us to question the word of God and the goodness of God in temptation (Gen. 3:1-4).
SEE ALSO: “Small” Sins with Big Consequences
11. We should pray that we would not be led into temptation (Matt. 6:13; Luke 22:46).
12. Jesus pronounces a curse on anyone who would tempt another person to sin (Matt. 18:6-7).
13. We should take drastic measures to avoid temptation and sin so that we can enter eternal life (Matt. 18:8-9).
14. Anyone who desires to be rich will fall into temptation (1 Tim. 6:9).
15. Satan tempts us in the areas we lack self control (1 Cor. 7:5; see Gal. 5:22-23).
16. Jesus can help those who are tempted because He’s been tempted (Heb. 2:18).
17. When helping others overcome their temptations, we must be careful not to fall into the same temptation (Gal. 6:1).
18. The Devil looks for an opportune time to tempt us (Luke 4:13).
19. Pride always leads to a fall (1 Cor. 10:12).
20. We can boldly approach Jesus and He will provide mercy and grace in our time of need (Heb. 4:16).